The work performed by volunteers is valued by community members and those at each level of government. For this reason, numerous material benefits are available to volunteers from the federal, state, and local governments.
- Training – Utilizing the latest equipment and techniques.
- State Income Tax Benefits – $200 for individuals. $400 for couples who file jointly.
- Free Health Checkups – Provided annually at no cost to volunteers.
- Low-Cost Health Insurance – The same affordable plans available to municipal employees.
- Scholarships and Tuition Reimbursement – For volunteers meeting certain requirements.
- Service Awards – Formal recognition tied to length of service.
For details on the benefits available please call (518) 756-6310.