The Coeymans Hollow Volunteer Fire Corp. and the Albany County Sheriff’s Office held an Ice Safety Rescue Demonstration at the Albany County Department of Recreation’s Winter Festival February 18th 2017 at Lawson Lake County Park. Other activities included ice fishing, learn to skate, 3 on 3 hockey, curling demonstration, hovercraft demo, tractor rides and ice safety.
The work performed by volunteers is valued by community members and those at each level of government. For this reason, numerous material benefits are available to volunteers from the federal, state, and local governments.
- Training – Utilizing the latest equipment and techniques.
- State Income Tax Benefits – $200 for individuals. $400 for couples who file jointly.
- Free Health Checkups – Provided annually at no cost to volunteers.
- Low-Cost Health Insurance – The same affordable plans available to municipal employees.
- Scholarships and Tuition Reimbursement – For volunteers meeting certain requirements.
- Service Awards – Formal recognition tied to length of service.
For details on the benefits available please call (518) 756-6310.
Albany County Executive Daniel McCoy served as a volunteer firefighter for seven years. He says the collaboration and diverse mix of skills present in volunteer fire companies forms the bedrock of community service. You can benefit from this sense of community and shared purpose by joining one of Albany County’s volunteer fire companies.
Albany County Executive Daniel McCoy served as a volunteer firefighter for seven years. He says the teamwork and incident management skills he learned in the volunteer fire service prepared him for success in his current role as leader of Albany County. You can benefit from these same skills and serve your community by joining one of Albany County’s volunteer fire companies.